27 October 2011

Historical City of Malacca


I went to Melaka a few days ago. A 1-day-trip (can I say, backpacking trip?). It was unplanned. The idea came across my mind the night before. I realise that I cannot spend the weekend in the library since its mid-semester break and the library is closed. So why not I go out for an outing to test my new Lomo Sardina? And why not doing somewhere out of town? ALONE?


challenge accepted


It was a beautiful day. The skies was perfect blue and the flowers are blooming. What else can i ask for? 

walking 
sightseeing
film-photographing
cycling across town

I did em' all ! In just one day. Yay!





#1 Some beautiful flowers near Stadhuys building



With some limited budget, I load my Sardina with Lomography Chrome 100 film and ready for action. HAHA exaggerate much? Ok lets get serious. I departed from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) by bus to Malaka at 10am sharp. The one-way ticket cost me RM12.50 for a single-window-seat (single-window-seat=foreveralone much). The journey took almost 2 hours. I didn't sleep though. I just spend the whole time looking through the window. Since it's a budget-travelling, I bring some tuna sandwiches from my college ;) I arrived at Melaka Sentral around 1140am, and since its located quite far from the center of the city, I have to get a Town Bus that cost RM1.



The Town Bus will passed through the city's attraction. I got down near Stadhuys building. There were so many people at that time - tourist, small skids, trishaw-uncles. I guess because it's Sunday, so there's market selling stuffs along the building side. The environment was lively and colorful. Hey , some of my pictures are from digital cam, while some others are from my lomo toycam.


Sunday Market near Stadhuys :
[all picture taken using La Sardina camera]





 









The cute fridge magnets look cute and colorful , but I didn't buy any though. Reminds myself everytime , that this is A BUDGET TRAVEL so please spend wisely. However, the weather getting really hot that I forced myself to buy a cute straw hat for only RM10. From Stadhuys buildings I went to the Jonker Street. Actually I don't know where am I going (its a spontaneous trip anyways) I don't even have map or GPS, I just walk and walk around without having worries that I've might get lost or anything. I've always love sightseeing and walking so I just walk where my hearts guide me to. chewah.


[all picture taken using La Sardina camera]












Jonker Street is sooo beautiful. In fact i think every part of the town is beautiful in terms of culture. One of the reason I went to Melaka is because of Jonker Street. I love the retro, Colonial architecture of the shop buildings along the street. 80% of people here was Chinese, or foreigner tourists. The shops sell various things like art pieces, handicraft, local foods (ice kacang, peanuts, etc etc) and I walk for almost one hour before I reached this statue, finally took out my digital cam and snap(after lots of film-shooting). My first digital picture actually starts here. how pathetic.





#2 the Jonker Street statue. 


(...and the journey continues)



#3 Me camwhoring, getting all sweaty. Can U see my forehead sweating ? LOL





#4 Some park with animal statues





#5 Around the 'Jonker Walk' statue gate





#6 Nice gate





#7 Antique furnitures





#8 Chinese 'Tanglung' hanging from the ceiling





#9 The weather was almost perfect. Sunny and beautiful clouds everywhere! Can u see the clouds? Om nom nom nom.





#10 This photo is courtesy of a little boy wearing Angry Bird shirt who help me with the camera.





#11 The buildings






#12 Saloon which looks like a house





#13 Beautifully craft building





#14 Baba house






#15 Beautiful Hotel Puri





#16 White Mansion





#18 Random





#19 Gate





#20 Another random picture outside an art shop





#21 Moo Moo deco in a coffee shop along the street.





#22 Walls





#23 I accidentally got lost inside a hotel near Melaka River and couldn't find my way out





#24 This is the wall of the hotel.





#25 Hard Rock Cafe


[all picture taken using La Sardina camera]











#26 After managed to get out from the hotel , I found myself at the heart of the city with lots of trishaw passing in front of me.





#27 Then I rent a cute yellow bicycle from Menara Taming Sari Tourism Centre (found by luck) that cost RM3 for one hour ride, with RM20 deposit that will be given back upon returning the bicycle. The tourism centre is just around the Taming Sari spinning tower , its very easy to reach here.





#28 I look retarded LOLS. Try not to imagine myself riding the bike like a real mad woman around the busy-ness of the city. Ok stop laughing now. 





#29 Seriously it was one amazing feeling I ever had. The weather is quite hot. Breezy hot. But its okay to embrace the sunshine. I realize that my face became so tanned after I reach home. Ceh kau bajet diri kau putih nak tanned-tanned? Padahal takde perubahan pun.





#30 Then I saw this uncle crafting on something, so I stopped my bike and greet him. And ask him if i could take a photo :)





#31 I stopped at an Art Shop. The owner is a lady, an English teacher in a primary school. She sells art pieces from local artist. She thought that I'm some random 16-year-old girl playing bicycle around the neighborhood and advice me this and that about safety, not to travel alone yada yada yada





#32 I've asked them to lowered the sitting pad so my feet can touch the ground





#33 Anddd the last thing I visit (its almost 530pm I guess) is the ever-famous A Famosa statue.



Then I hands on the bicycle , get the Town Bus and went to the bus terminal. Heading back to KL. All tired phew. But of course , I have fun to the max. Too bad I have no chance to try Malacca famous Cendol and  foods (because I don't know where, plus I spend too many times on sight seeing). Next time, maybe. 

Goodbye Malacca! Till we meet again next time! :) 


5 comments:

aisyah sakaria said...

woww. amazing photos! even sy duduk melaka pun, tak pernah ada masa nak jalan-jalan n snap pic like u did. really enjoy your photos!

Asyikin said...

wow, niela gayanya kalau jalan sorang2 kan, tapi dear gambr u naik basikl tu comel sgt :)

Tribalis said...

next plan penang? nak ikutttt!!!

Syahira Mansor said...

aisya:haha yg naik basikal tu paling best!


asyikin: sy suke jalan2 tengok sekeliling :)


syida: jom! tapi kena stay dekat sana la xbleh one-day trip. alah... kan kite janji nak gi sabah?

mdazlnshkni said...

dik. lain kali turun melaka roger gua. leh shoot analog satu kali.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

DISABLE