1. There are going to be good and bad people wherever you go. You can’t run forever.
Yungbulakang Palace, Tibet
2. Set your expectations low and your standards high.
Lake Misurina, Italy
3. Seeing and admitting your flaws is important.
4. If someone cares about you, they’ll make time for you. If they won’t, then they don’t. But with that said, no one can make time for you all the time.
5. Club Monaco dresses and Chanel makeup are not good reasons to be broke. But plane tickets, traveling, and new experiences are.
6. If you’re going to give, then just give. Don’t expect anything in return.
Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
7. Alone time is crucial. Dates with yourself are the best. Go sit at your favorite café for another hour. Have that bubble bath. Take the long way home.
8. Not everyone is going to like you. And that is perfectly okay.
9. Being happy doesn’t mean never being sad.
Experiment with your feelings to be better, stronger person.
Summer Palace, China
10. The more people you know, the better. Keep meeting strangers and talking.
Valley of the Ten Peaks, Canada
11. Every single person has a story. Every single person can teach you something new about something you know nothing about. And every single person can teach you something new about yourself. You just have to be open to it.
12. If you want to go to somewhere, then go. Be reasonable, and be smart. But the longer you think about it, and the longer you hold back, the more you are going to hate everyone around you, including yourself. You can’t wait for things to happen.